IT Hit User File System for .NET Release History
v2.5.5091.0April 27, 2021
- Virtual File System Sample for Mac Alpha sample now supports download and upload the file content as well as move/rename and delete for files and folders.
- Incorrect references in sample projects for Windows to ITHit.FileSystem.dll and ITHit.FileSystem.Windows.dll. Now references are properly set to the NuGet repository.
- Samples solution for Windows does not include the ITHit.FileSystem.Samples.Common.Windows project. Now this project is included in samples solution.
- The Virtual File System sample for Windows included the unused source files in the "\Framework\" folder. Now, this folder is deleted.
- The Virtual File System sample for Windows contained the "License" configuration property in the appsettings.json file instead of the "UserFileSystemLicense". Now, this bug is fixed.
v2.5.5083.0April 22, 2021
- File hydration time significantly improved.
- Files of unlimited size are now supported.
- IVirtualLock interface is provided. Now this interface can be optionally implemented on files and folders that require locking support.
- IFileSystemItem.DeleteCompletionAsync() and IFileSystemItem.MoveToCompletionAsync() methods are provided, called when the delete or move operation is completed by the platform.
- Locking management code is refactored in samples.
- ETag management code is refactored in samples.
- ETag file did not delete after folder deletion, now this bug is fixed.
- Sample move code refactored in samples.
- "*User*" interfaces renamed to "*Virtual*" interfaces in sample code. "*BasicInfo" classes and interfaces renamed to "*Metadata".
- The installer project is provided for the WebDAVDrive sample.
- File content validation is disabled by default in samples.
- Folders with incorrect creation/modification/access date-time are created in remote storage. Now, this bug is fixed.
- MS Office documents did not unlock after editing. This bug is now fixed.
- Conflict error in Virtual File System sample. "ETags a not equal" after the file is saved a second time. This bug is now fixed.
v2.0.4465.0March 19, 2021
- ITHit.FileSystem.Mac module with User File System Engine for macOS implementation is provided.
- Virtual File System sample Alpha for macOS is provided in Xamarin. The sample implements on-demand folders listing as well as demonstrates virtual drive installation and uninstall. The sample also provides macOS status bar application (container app).
v1.4.4298.0February 24, 2021
- Challenge-response authentication (Basic, Digest, NTLM/Kerberos) is now supported in WebDAV Drive sample. The login form is provided. The credentials are securely stored in Windows Credential Manager.
- Web browser login form does not work in WebDAV Drive sample. If server replies with 302 redirect the request failed and the login form does not show. This bug is now fixed.
- WebDAV Drive sample is now using WPF for UI rendering.
v1.3.4108.0January 22, 2021
- Samples now use .NET 5.0 by default.
- The latest build of WebDAV Client Library for .NET with .NET Standard 2.0 Support is used in the WebDAV Drive sample.
v1.3.4102.0January 18, 2021
- Map Drive sample now supports Cookies authentication. The HTML log in window is rendered using Edge Chromium Canary.
- ITHit.FileSystem.Windows module now supports .NET 5.0.
v1.3.4067.0January 15, 2021
- WebDAV Drive sample added. The sample can synchronize documents from and to the WebDAV server, automatically locks/unlocks Microsoft Office documents when opened for editing, supports on-demand loading and selective offline availability. IT Hit WebDAV Client library for .NET is used to access the WebDAV server. The sample currently supports anonymous WebDAV servers only.
v1.2.3984.0December 14, 2020
- ITHit.FileSystem and ITHit.FileSystem.Windows now support .NET Standard 2.0.
- Delete and move operations triggered hydration in the Virtual File System Sample. Now, this bug is fixed.
- Memory violation excess exception was thrown in by IsPlaceholder() method in some environments. This bug is now fixed.
- Files locking on the server in the Virtual File System Sample can now be simulated with a read-only attribute set on the files in remote storage. Read-only attribute is no more used for in-sync detection in Virtual File System Sample. the StorageProviderInSyncPolicy.FileReadOnlyAttribute and StorageProviderInSyncPolicy.DirectoryReadOnlyAttribute are removed from StorageProviderSyncRootInfo.InSyncPolicy.
- Files locked by other users now show a gray lock icon in the Virtual File System Sample.
- FileSystemBasicnfo.LockedByAnotherUser property is provided in the Virtual File System Sample.
- Temporary excel files detection fixed in the Virtual File System Sample.
- Folder with ETags and locks moved from the current user temp folder to LocalApplicationData in the Virtual File System Sample.
- ETags comparison in the Virtual File System sample fixed. If both client and server ETags are null or empty they are now considered equal.
- URIs comparison in PlaceholderItem.IsMoved() extension method in the Virtual File System sample fixed is fixed. URIs with/without trailing slash are now considered equal.
v1.2.3941.0November 19, 2020
- When a new file is created in the user file system sent an update request to the remote storage calling UserFile.UpdateAsync() method instead of the new file creation. An exception is thrown when a new file is being created. Now new file detection implemented in VfsFile.CloseAsync() method, the UserFolder.CreateFileAsync() is now properly called.
v1.2.3810.0November 10, 2020
- Automatic locking is implemented in the Virtual File System sample. Microsoft Office documents are now automatically locked when opened for ending and automatically unlocked when closed. The file is also automatically locked before being sent to the remote storage and unlocked when saving is completed. The lock icon is displayed in the Windows File Manager in the Status column. The UserFileSystemItem.LockAsync(), UserFileSystemItem.UnlockAsync() methods and UserFileSystemPath.Lock property is provided.
- Excel temp files (A6TG7GPI.tmp) are now detected in the Virtual File System sample and are filtered from files being sent to remote storage.
v1.1.3573.0 BetaOctober 22, 2020
- All storage-specific operations in Virtual File System Sample are now performed in UserFileSystemItem.cs, UserFile.cs and UserFolder.cs files in sample code.
- ETag is deleted together with a file in the user file system. Now ETags are stored in external files. ETags moved/renamed or deleted when a file or folder in remote storage is moved/renamed or deleted.
- Save As in MS Office did not work. Save As in MS Office throw "ETags not equal" exception, because ETag is deleted during MS Office transactional save. Now Save As is supported in MS Office applications.
- Excel temp files synchronized to remote storage. Now excel temp files are not synchronized.
v22.214.171.12419 AlphaOctober 1, 2020
- Synchronization service from the user file system to remote storage is implemented in the Virtual File System sample.
- ETags comparison is refactored and fixed in the Virtual File System Sample. Remote storage ETag and user file system ETag are now compared during the user file system to remote storage upload operation.
- Conflicts between the user file system and the remote storage are now properly processed in the Virtual File System Sample. The conflict icon is displayed in the Windows File Manager. A ConflictException is provided by the Engine.
- If the move or rename operation was performed when the Virtual File System sample was not running, the delete-create sequence occurred in the remote storage (potentially deleting file history and attached data). Now move/rename in remote storage is performed when the app starts, during the synchronization process.
- MS Office documents saving refactored in the Virtual File System sample. ETags and all custom data on MS Office documents during MS Office transactional save are preserved now.
- MS Office lock file (~$file.docx) detection is fixed and refactored in the Virtual File System Sample.
- When a non-empty folder is deleted in the user file system in the Virtual File System sample, the respective folder deletion failed in remote storage. Now, this bug is fixed.
v126.96.36.19962 AlphaSeptember 14, 2020
- File System Engine for Windows with on-demand loading, offline files support, download, and upload progress reporting provided.
- Virtual File System Sample in C# provided. The sample simulates remote storage using a folder in the file system and synchronizes files both from the user file system to remote storage and from remote storage to the user file system.