IT Hit User File System for .NET Release History
v6.1.19907.0 BetaSeptember 26, 2022
- If an item is moved in the remote storage and the target folder is offline or not populated in user file system, the source item did not delete in the WebDAV Drive. This bug is now fixed.
- WebSockets notifications do not work with cookies authentication and MS-OFBA authentication in WebDAV Drive sample. Now cookies are passed to sockets connection.
- Instance ID header is now passed to server in WebSockets in InstanceId header.
- Locks and eTag storage refactored in WebDAV Drive and Virtual Drive samples.
- Expired locks remain in the user file system in WebDAV Drive and Virtual Drive samples. This bug is now fixed.
v6.1.18982.0 BetaSeptember 14, 2022
- System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'folderId') in OutgoingSync when a folder is created and than deleted. This bug is now fixed.
- Full incoming sync is provided for created, deleted and updated items in WebDAV Drive sample. Updated items are detected based on eTag.
- SyncService.BeforeStateChanged event is provided.
- Windows Explorer did not update UI in case an item is updated in the remote storage and notification received via remote storage monitor in all samples. This bug is now fixed.
- Windows Explorer did is not update UI in case an item is locked or unlocked in the remote storage and notification received via remote storage monitor in all WebDAV Drive sample. This bug is now fixed.
v6.1.18304.0 BetaSeptember 9, 2022
- Errors can now be reported in IFile.ReadAsync(), IFolder.GetChildrenAsync(), IFileSystemItem.MoveToAsync(), IFileSystemItem.DeleteAsync() methods by throwing the StatusException or by calling IResultContext.ReportStatus() method with CloudFilesStatus structure.
- IResultContext.ReportStatus() and IConfirmationResultContext.ReturnErrorResult() methods signature changed. Errors can now be reported by passing CloudFileStatus to this method.
- Virtual Drive and WebDAV Drive samples now check minimum required Windows version when registering a sparse package.
- WebDAV Drive sample Web sockets client implementation failed to parse events generated by samples provided with IT Hit WebDAV Server Library for Java. Case sensitive comparison of events names was used in web sockets client implementation. Now this bug is fixed.
v6.1.18092.0 BetaSeptember 3, 2022
- If timeout occurs or if the OperationCanceledException is thrown, the Engine did not start synchronization after stopping. This bug is now fixed.
- InvalidOperationException: "Operations that change non-concurrent collections must have exclusive access" may be thrown during synchronization. This bug is now fixed.
- If the SyncService is stopped, the synchronisation can start again if SyncService.StopSync() was called when the synchronization was still running. This bug is now fixed.
- Adding static methods to PlaceholderItem: SetErrorStatus(), GetErrorStatus(), TrySetErrorStatus(), TrySetErrorStatus(), UpdateUI().
- Adding ErrorStatusFilter. All samples now filter update operations for items in error state.
- Filters moved from ITHit.FileSystem to ITHit.FileSystem.Windows.
v6.1.17328.0 BetaAugust 22, 2022
- Item conflict status can now be set on Windows. SetErrorStatus(), TrySetErrorStatus(), GetErrorStatus() and TryGetErrorStatus() methods added to PlaceholderItem class. The status can propagate to upper folder levels in Windows Explorer.
- If client and server eTags do not match, the WebDAV Drive sample can now display conflict icon in Status column.
- If the StorageProviderSyncRootInfo.ShowSiblingsAsGroup = true during the root registration, the root item is shown in the not in-sync state. Now the root item is set to in-sync state during EngineWindows.StartAsync() call.
- Slow performance and thread starvation when creating new items and EngineWindows.MaxTransferConcurrentRequests is set to 2 and OutgoingSync is triggered. Now this bug is fixed.
v6.0.16962.0 BetaAugust 16, 2022
- Slow performance and thread starvation when creating new items and EngineWindows.MaxTransferConcurrentRequests is set to 1. Now this bug is fixed.
v6.0.16897.0 BetaAugust 12, 2022
- The create/update/read operations and list/move/delete operations can now be limited separately. The EngineWindows.MaxConcurrentRequests property is now replaced by 2 properties: MaxTransferConcurrentRequests and MaxOperationsConcurrentRequests.
- Maximum number of concurrent create, update and read requests are now limited by the EngineWindows. MaxTransferConcurrentRequests property and is set to 6 by default.
- Maximum number of concurrent list, move and delete requests are now limited by the EngineWindows. MaxOperationsConcurrentRequests property and is set to Int.MaxValue by default.
- Slow hydration and creation performance with EngineWindows.MaxConcurrentRequests property set to default (Int.MaxValue). This bug is now fixed.
v6.0.16872.0 BetaAugust 3, 2022
- Now you can set number of concurrent requests to the remote storage using Engine.MaxConcurrentRequests property. Number of concurrent requests is now set to 6 in WebDAV Drive sample by default.
- The EngineWindows.ShellExtensionsComServerRpcEnabled property is provided to enable/disable gRpc channel for shell extension handlers. If you are using RPC shell extension handlers in the external COM exe server, you must explicitly set this property to true.
- New hydration methods added to the PlacholderFile class: TryHydrate(), TryDehydrate(), TryHydrationRequired(), TryDehydrationRequired(). Refactored Hydrate(), Dehydrate(), HydrationRequired(), DehydrationRequired() methods, removed in v5.6 release are now made public.
- PlaceholderItem.TryGetState() method added. PlaceholderItem.GetState() method, removed in v5.6 release is now made public.
- AccessViolationException was thrown when app was running with identity under heavy load. Now this bug is fixed.
- Shell extensions did not register when WebDAV Drive and Virtual Drive samples were running without identity. Now this bug is fixed. Samples can now be configured to run without identity by commenting-out sparse package registration.
- Sample sync root registration code and sparse package registration code refactored.
v5.6.16439.0July 16, 2022
- Performance of creating files/folder in Outgoing Sync and User File System monitor improved. Items were created by a single thread. “Parent item not synced yet” message in debug mode was logged. Now items are created in parallel threads.
- If StorageProviderItemProperty.IconResource or StorageProviderItemProperty.Value properties are empty - Windows Explorer crashes. This bug is now fixed.
- iconsFolderPath parameter removed in CustomStateHandlerIntegratedBase constructor.
v5.6.16427.0July 14, 2022
- If a IFolderMetadata item does not contain FileAttribute.Directory attribute when passed to IFolderListingResultContext.ReturnChildrenAsync(), the item did not delete. The item type is detected incorrectly. Now the item type is detected properly regardless of the FileAttribute.Directory attribute set on creation.
- In WebDAV Drive sample, it the item is not found in the remote storage (already deleted) the sample code always sets the resultContext.SetInSync = false causing the Engine to repeat the detele operation. Now this bug is fixed.
- Tray app in WebDAV Drive sample now properly reflects synchronizing and paused state. Tray application fixed and refactored.
v5.6.16415.0July 9, 2022
- Upload created folders with offline attribute (with cloud icon). Now the folders are created without offline attribute (with green checkbox on white background).
- Sync status did not refresh after folders upload. Now the folder status is refreshed after the upload.
- If IFileSystemItem.GetPropertiesAsync() returns FileSystemItemPropertyData with empty value, Windows Explorer crushes. Now the empty or null vaues are replaced with "n/a".
- Lock state icon does not refresh in Windows Explorer in WebDAV Drive sample after the item is locked or unlocked. Now the icon is properly refreshed.
- If thumbnail IFileSystemItem.GetThumbnailAsync() throw NotImplementedException the error "Thumbnail for is not implemnted" was logged. Now the debug message is logged.
v5.6.16382.0July 8, 2022
- IFolder.GetChildrenAsync() is called on every app start, including if the sample app was exited with Spacebar ("Reboot" scenario). Registrar.IsRegisteredAsync() method always returned false, causing every sample app start registering file system. Now this bug is fixed.
- If exception parameter was not specified in ILogger.LogError() method call, the sample code did not log the error. This bug is now fixed.
- If EngineWindows is disposed without stopping the engine, the synchronization service did not stop, causing exceptions. This bug is now fixed.
- IOException The file already exists may be thrown by Virtual File System Sample and Virtual Drive sample in IFolder.CreateFileAsync() and IFolder.CreateFolderAsync() methods when deleting items if parent is moved to the recycle bin while Engine was still processing the item. Now such items are ignored.
- "The engine must be running" exception may be thrown by the Engine when stopping. This bug is now fixed.
- IOException "Can not create because the file or directory with the same name already exsts." can be thrown when calling IFolderListingResultContext.ReturnChildrenAsync() in Virtual File System and Virtual Drive samples if the directory is deleted in the remote storage while the listing is performed. This bug is now fixed.
- "Missing item failed to save" FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002) error may be thrown when deleting items. This bug is now fixed.
- UnautorizedAccessException: "Access is denied" may be thrown when deleting an item and the parent folder is deleted before the child item. This bug is now fixed.
- "Getting deleted folder failed" DirectoryNotFoludException may be thrown during delete. Now this bug is fixed.
- Outgoing Sync service did not stop on Engine.StopAsync() call. This bug is now fixed.
- Attributes parameter is removed from IEngine.FilterAsync() method.
- TimeSpan formatting unified in logging.
- LocalServer class is moved to ITHit.FileSystem.Windows.ShellExtension namespace.
v5.6.16274.0 Beta 2July 6, 2022
- Folders with 8 characters may fail to delete if MsOfficeFilter is applied. The IFileSystemItem.DeleteCompletionAsync() is not called. This bug is now fixed.
- IEngine.FilterAsync() now provides FileSystemItemType parameter.
- FileNotFoundException may be thrown in IFileSystemItem.GetLockModeAsync() method implementation during deletion in Virtual Drive and WebDAV Drive samples. This bug is now fixed.
- AutoCAD filter did not filter .dwl and .dwl2 files. This bug is now fixed.
v5.6.16262.0 Beta 2July 4, 2022
- Context menu performance improved.
- PlaceholderItem.UpdateUI() method provided to refresh Windows Explorer user interface.
- Sparse package startup sequence refactored. Developer certificate installation and uninstall sequence refactored.
v5.6.15918.0 Beta 2June 30, 2022
- Context menu on MacOS is now supported.
- New shell extension handler classes provided to run handlers in one process with the Engine: ThumbnailProviderHandlerIntegratedBase, CloudFilesContextMenuVerbIntegratedBase and CustomStateHandlerIntegratedBase classes provided. Virtual Drive and WebDAV Drive Samples updated to run shell extension handlers in one process with the main application.
- ZipFilter is provided. Now zip archiver is supported.
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint filters improved.
- Filtering refactored. Now both client to server sync and server to client operations are anow filtered in IEngine.FilterAsync() method.
- Microsoft Office / AutoCAD documents editing is now supported in Virtual File System sample and is supported both in remote storage and in user file system in all samples.
- Lock and Unlock commands in Virtual Drive and WebDAV Drive samples did not refresh status icons in the Windows Explorer. This bug is now fixed.
- ProcessAsync() erronously called IFileSystemItem.DeleteAsync()/MoveToAsync() methods before DeleteCompletionAsync()/MoveToCompletionAsync(). As soon as the delete/move operation can be canceled only if the Engine is running, now the DeleteCompletionAsync()/MoveToCompletionAsync() methods are only called from ProcessAsync().
- Incorrect operation type of OperationType.Delete was passed to FilterAsync() on DeleteCompletionsAsync() call. Now the correct OperationType.DeleteCompletion type is passed.
- The Win32Exception 0x80004005 "The cloud file metadata is corrupt and unreadable" may be thrown if the placeholder did not complete saving. This bug is now fixed.
- Create or update failed. DirectoryNotFoundException "The system can not find the path specified." error may be thrown on delete. This bug is now fixed.
- "Get moved item failed" Win32Exception "The cloud operation is invalid" can be thrown during synchronization. This bug is now fixed.
- Dehydration may throw exceptions if called for new files. This bug is now fixed.
v5.5.15752.0 Beta 2June 21, 2022
- Thumbnails on MacOS are now supported.
- Replacing GetPathByItemId() with TryGetPathByItemId() in Virtual File System and Virtual Drive sample.
v5.0.15216.0 Beta 1June 13, 2022
- UnauthorizedAccessException 'Access to the path..' is denied exception during delete. This bug is now fixed.
- If 0-lenght file failed to set in-sync on creation, the file did not se in-sync at any later time in ProcessAsync() method. This bug is now fixed.
- EngineWindows.ProcessAsync() moved to EngineWindows.SyncService.Outgoing.ProcessAsync().
- IServerNotifications methods now do not update items if create/update/delate/move operation is in progress.
- PlaceholderItem.SetMetadataAsync() and IServerNotifications.UpdateAsync() methods now provide autoHydration parameter.
v5.0.14943.0 Beta 1June 9, 2022
- User file system to remote storage synchronization service is now integrated with the EngineWindows. Periodical synchronization now starts by default every 10 sec.
- Folder Copy->Paste to virtual drive caused Win32Exception 'The file is not a cloud file', cased by child items being created before parent items. This bug is now fixed.
- If the Engine crushed or the drive deleted without cleanup and than recreated in the same location, the Engine may delete items in the remote storage on the next IEngine.StartAsync(true) call or during EngineWindows.ProcessAsync() call. This bug is now fixed.
- Context menu may throw exception on root folder in WebDAV Drive sample. Item identity may non be saved on the root item if the remote storage ID was never set. This bug is now fixed.
v5.0.14726.0 Beta 1June 3, 2022
- All modules are now .NET Standard 2.0 compliant. All Windows samples can now run both .NET Framework 4.8 and .NET Core.
- Custom state provider C++ projects are replaced with C#/.NET projects.
- Thumbnails support is now built into Engine. Thumbnails handler shell extension base class is provided. Thumbnails are now generated in IFileSystemItem.GetThumbnailAsync() method implementation.
- Properties support is now built into Engine. Properties handler shell extensions base class is provided. Properties are now provided in IFileSystemItem.GetPropertiesAsync() method implementation.
- Context menu support is now built into Engine. Context menu handler shell extensions base class is provided. Context menu is now provided in IEngine.GetMenuCommandAsync() method implementation.
- WebDAV Drive and Virtual Drive projects now build a sparse package. Context menu is now supported when you run the WebDAV Drive and Virtual Drive projects directly from Visual Studio.
- Debug logging is provided. Debug logging can now be enabled in samples using the 'd' console key.
v4.4.14432.0May 24, 2022
- Sample shell extension project did not compile. Incorrect references references in C++ project. This bug is now fixed.
v4.4.14419.0May 2, 2022
- IBatch interface provided. When the EngineWindows.ProcessAync() is called and this interface is implement on the Engine object, this interface is called instead of the IFileSystemItem, IFile and IFolder interfaces to process all items created, updated, moved and deleted in the virtual file system.
- Now all IFileSystemItem, IFile and IFolder, ILock, IClientNotification interface methods provide a cancellation token parameter. A cancellation is fired on Engine.StopAsync() method call.
- On Windows the cancelation token passed to IFolder.GetChildrenAsync() and IFile.ReadAsync() methods is now automatically fired by the platform after 60sec timeout.
- The Engine.StopAsync() call now cancels EngineWindows.ProcessAsync() method and all IServerNotifications interface methods.
- Listing performance improved on Windows platform. The IFolderListingResultContext ReturnChildrenAsync() can now return over 100K items in one block on the average machine from IFolder.GetChildrenAsync().
- IConfirmationResultContext.ReturnErrorResult() now can return error code, defined in CloudFileStatus enum.
- EngineWindows.ProcessAsync() method performance improved.
- IFile.OpenAsync(), IFile.CloseAsync() and IFile.ValidateDataAsync() methods are moved to ITHit.FileSystem.Windows.IFileWindows interface.
- Thumbnails handler is now registered when the VirtualDrive project run directly (not via packaging project).
- Placeholders.TryGetItem() method provided.
- If folder listing failed to complete successfully the Win32Exception (380): "The cloud operation is invalid." exception is thrown when engine is started the next time. The Engine failed to distinguish between new and existing items. Now new and existing items are distinguished correctly under any circumstances.
- If Engine.StopAsync() is called during ProcessAsync() call and the hydration was in progress the "Hydration/Dehydration failed." error is logged. Now now errors are logged if engine is stopped when hydration is in progress.
- Incorrect operation type OperationType.List was passed to Engine.FilterAsync() before calling IFile.ReadAsync() method. Now the correct OperationType.Hydrate enum value is passed.
v4.3.12907.0 Beta 2April 1, 2022
- Status of the operation can now be reported to the Engine without throwing an exception. The IFile.WriteAsync(), IFolder.WriteAsync(), IFolder.CreateFileAsync() and IFolder.CreateFolderAsync() methods now provide a new IInSyncResultContext parameter parameter to explicitly set the in-sync status of the item. The resultContext parameter of the IFileSystemItem.MoveToCompletion() and IFileSystemItem.DeleteCompletion() methods now implement IInSyncResultContext interface.
- Placeholders.GetRootItem() method added.
- Deleted items processing in Engine.ProcessAsync() performance improved.
- New items were treated as existing by the Engine.ProcessAsync() method. The IFile.WriteAsync() method was called for new items. Now this bug is fixed.
- gRpc channel did not work if package is installed for more than one user on the same machine. Thumbnails and custom columns does not work in Windows Explorer. Now the gRpc channel is unique per user.
- PlaceholderItem.GetCustomData() method and IFileSystemItemMetadata.CustomData property are removed (replaced with PlaceholderItem.properties dictionary).
- IServerNotifications.MoveToAsync() returned false even if the file is successfully moved. Now this bug is fixed.
v4.2.12691.0 Beta 2March 22, 2022
- The Engine can now process items that were changed when the Engine was not running. Created, updated, moved, deleted, pinned and unpinned items are now synched from the user file system to the remote storage on Engine start.
- The IClientNotificationsWindows interface is removed. The user file system to remote storage synchronization is now performed by EngineWindows.ProcessAsync() method call.
- CustomStateHandler is implemented in WebDAV Drive sample.
- On Windows 11 the ReportProgress() method throws System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: 0xDDE0DBB0. This bug is now fixed.
- On Windows 11 the PlaceholderItem.SetRemoteStorageItemId(itemId) method call throws System.AccessViolationException: "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.". This bug is now fixed.
v4.1.12172.0 Beta 2February 22, 2022
- Transactional save operations are now supported by the Engine core. Microsoft Office, AutoCAD can now save documents, no file system monitoring or external storage is required. The sample code was simplified and refactored. The virtual Drive sample is now using a remote storage ID.
- A new dictionary-based custom properties system is provided. Now custom data of unlimited size can be associated with any file and survive transactional save operations.
- New CustomStateHandler implemented. Windows Explorer now requests properties via web sockets when properties are requested by Windows Explorer.
- The file content was blocked for writing when IFile.WriteAsync() method is called. Now file content is not blocked for writing anymore. Microsoft Office Word file content can be synced to the remote storage on every Microsoft Word save or on unlocking event. All samples are now configured to save content to remote storage on every update.
- The FilteredDocsMonitor class is removed from the sample code. Now when the item needs to be converted back to the placeholder after MS Office/AutoCAD transactional save operation or after the removal of the attributes (typically by Notepad++), the IFolder.CreateFileAsync() method is called by the Engine.
- The IClientNotificationsWindows.UpdateAsync() call now can throw ClientLockFailedException exception if the item is being created/updated/locked/unlocked from another thread. Previously the UpdateAsync() call just logged the message. Now both IClientNotificationsWindows.CreateAsync() and IClientNotificationsWindows.UpdateAsync() methods have identical ClientLockFailedException semantics.
v4.0.11399.0 BetaDecember 8, 2021
- The hydration policy is set to Full in all samples. Opening mp4 files by Windows Movies & TV app is now supported.
- Throwing any exception in IFile.ReadAsync() resulted in file download hanging. Now the download is cancelled if any exception is thrown in IFile.ReadAsync() method implementation.
- ITransferDataResultContext.ReportStatus() call throwed NotImplemntedException. Now the ReportStatus() is implemented.
v4.0.11250.0 BetaNovember 29, 2021
- WebDAV Drive Sample now supports thumbnails mode.
- Common.Windows.Core sources were missing. Now this bug is fixed.
- The NullReferenceException may be thrown in context menu shell extension in WebDAV Drive and Virtual Drive samples when context menu is called on empty space or when no items are selected in Windows Explorer. Now this bug is fixed.
v4.0.11187.0 BetaNovember 23, 2021
- Packaging project is added in WebDAV Drive sample.
- Lock/Unlock menu in Windows Explorer is added in WebDAV Drive sample.
- The item did not delete in remote storage when moved outside of the user file system. Now the item is deleted in all samples.
- The folder is now marked as in-sync inside the MoveToCompletionAsync() call in all samples.
- Folder move (Cut-Paste) from virtual disk to local file system throws exception in remote storage monitor. Now this bug is fixed.
- Remote storage to user file system sync service in Virtual Drive and WebDAV Drive samples failed with DirectoryNotFoundEcxception 'Could not find part of the path' exception in case a regular folder (typically new folder) was found in folders hierarchy in user file system. Now this bug is fixed.
- User file system to remote storage sync service in Virtual Drive and WebDAV Drive samples did not sync new folders to remote storage. Now this bug is fixed.
- User file system to remote storage sync service in Virtual Drive and WebDAV Drive samples did not mark folders as in-sync after rename. Now folders are marked as in-sync after successful call to Folder.WriteAsync().
- UnauthorizedAcessException "Access to the path '' is denied" was thrown by the Engine during folder move/rename operation. ILock.UnlockAsync() was not called on folder if it implemented ILock. Now this bug is fixed.
- Crating and than moving/renaming a folder in user file system in WebDAV Drive sample left the folder in the not-in sync state after rename. The folder was not marked as not new after the creation. Now this bug is fixed.
v4.0.10902.0 BetaNovember 5, 2021
- Deleting a file or a folder failed. Deleting a file or folder in Windows Explorer failed with the "The cloud operation was unsuccessful" error. Now, this bug is fixed.
v4.0.10891.0 BetaNovember 2, 2021
- Full synchronization added to Virtual Drive and WebDAV Drive samples.
- The file/folder is now left in the not In-Sync state after the move operation. Rolling back changes made in v4.0.10312.0 Beta.
- The file did not auto-unlock after IClientNotifications.UpdteAsync() call. Now is auto-unlocked.
- Sample Lock/Unlock context menu was displayed on all Cloud Filter API-based drives, such as OneDrive. Now this bug is fixed.
- IEngine.FilterAsync() was not called inside IClientNotifications.UpdateAsync() method for Locking and unlocking. Now FilterAsync() is called for locking and unlocking.
- OperationType.Unlock added.
- Detetion code in Virtual File System and WebDAV Drive samples moved from DeleteCompletionAsync() to DeleteAsync().
- Logging refactored.
- Adding start/stop console commands for engine, remote storage monitor and full sync service in all samples.
- FileLoadException "the process can not access the file because it is being used by another process." may be thrown during hydration and dehydration if the file is blocked. Now the info message is logged by the Engine instead of throwing an exception.
v4.0.10509.0 BetaOctober 12, 2021
- WebDAV Drive sample now receives "created", "updated", "deleted", "moved", "locked", "unlocked" change notifications from the server via Web sockets.
- IEngine.FilterAsync() method now has an OperationType parameter. The FilterAsync() implementation is refactored in Virtual Drive and WebDAV Drive samples.
- IOperationContext optional parameter added to the IEngine.FilterAsync(), ILock.LockAsync(), ILock.UnlockAsync() and ILock.GetLockModeAsync() methods.
- AutoCAD temp files filter prototype added to Virtual Drive and WebDAV Drive sample. Filtering code moved to Windows Common project.
- MS Office / AutoCAD sample docs monitor did not dispose of. Now the monitor is properly disposed of.
- Locking refactored in WebDAV Drive sample.
- Detetion code in VirtualDrive sample moved from DeleteCompletionAsync() to DeleteAsync().
- Icons in Lock/Unlock context menu provided in Virtual Drive sample.
- Deleting ETag or custom columns for folder caused the deletion of all columns, ETags and locks data for underlying folders. Now the ETag or custom columns are properly deleted for the specified folder only.
- Virtual Drive and Virtual File System samples hydrate the file when a file is added to the remote storage. Now, this bug is fixed.
v4.0.10312.0 BetaSeptember 24, 2021
- Lock/Unlock context menu provided in Virtual Drive sample.
- The file is left in the not in-sync state after the rename/move operation and is being hydrated. The IFile.WriteAsync() is called after rename/move operation. Now the file is marked as in-sync after the move and is not being hydrated after the move.
- The folder was left in the not in-sync state after the rename/move operation. Now the folder is marked as in-sync after the rename/move if it was in-sync before rename/move.
- All samples now use .NET 5.
- Logging refactored in samples. Now process name is being added to the log.
- WebDAV Drive sample is now using WebDAV Client Library for .NET 5 Beta.
- macOS source codes were missing from the source codes version of the archive supplied with the source codes license. Now macOS souce codes are supplied.
- Folder move operation to the user file system does not create items in the folder. Now, this bug is fixed.
- WebDAV Drive sample throws STG_E_ACCESSDENIED exception on files locked by other users. The ExternalDataManager.ShowCustomColumnsAsync() method throws an exception if the method is called on a file with a read-only attribute. This bug is now fixed.
- IFile.WriteAsync(), IFolder.WriteAsync(), ILogger.LogError() and ILogger.LogMessage() methods now provides optional IOperationContext parameter. EngineErrorEventArgs and EngineMessageEventArgs now provide OperationContext property.
- The ProcessInfo class was added.
- The IOperationContext.ItemId property added.
- The IMoveCompletionContext now inherits IOperationContext.
- IClientNotifications.GetLockModeAsync() method added.
v3.3.9602.0August 16, 2021
- An error is displayed in Windows Explorer when a hydrated file is being deleted in Virtual File System sample. The hydrated file is being moved to the recycle bin during the delete operation. The move method implementation is now refactored to avoid moving hydrated files to the recycle bin in Virtual file System sample.
- The PlaceholderItem.RevertPlaceholder() method is provided to revert the placeholder back to the file/folder.
v3.3.9488.0August 2, 2021
- Thumbnails did not work if Virtual Drive sample deployed as a package. Surrogate COM handler is broken in latest Windows updates. Thumbnails handler now refactored to run as a COM exe server.
v3.2.8936.0July 16, 2021
- Some applications, such as Notpad++, remove the Offline attribute when saving a document, converting a placeholder to a regular file. In Virtual Drive sample the Attributes filter is added to the MsOfficeDocsMonitor class to monitor Changed event and convert the file back to the placeholder.
- If exception occurred during sample start-up the exception did not log. Now all exceptions that occurred during app start-up are logged.
v3.2.8901.0June 30, 2021
- msix packaging is now supported. The packaging project is added to the Virtual Dive sample.
- The thumbnails provider in the Virtual Drive sample now runs as a surrogate COM and can be installed/removed without admin privileges as part of the packaged installation. The thumbnails handler can now be debugged running the project directly from Visual Studio.
- Virtual File System sample refactored. The file/folder ID is now used to link user file system file with remote storage. Mapping.MapPath() function is removed from the sample project.
- targetParentItemId parameter, representing a new parent folder ID, added to IFileSystemItem.MoveToAsync() method.
- Item ID is now returned by the IFolder.CreateFileAsync() and IFolder.CreateFolderAsync() methods.
- Placeholder creation performance improved.
- Selecting "Always keep on this devise" on a folder that was never enumerated does not load file content. Now, this bug is fixed.
Virtual File System for macOS sample refactored.
v3.1.7115.0 BetaJune 9, 2021
- Item ID support provided. The IEngine.GetFileSystemItemAsync() method now has an itemId parameter. IFileSystemItemMetadata.ItemId property added. PlaceholderItem.GetItemId() method added. The IFolder.CreateFileAsync() and IFolder.CreateFolderAsync() methods now return item ID.
- PlaceholderItem.SetItemInfo() method renamed to PlaceholderItem.SetMetadata().
- The CustomDataManager calss in sample code renamed to ExternalDataManager to avoid confusion with IFileSystemItemMetadata.CustomData/PlaceholderItem.GetCustomData().
v3.0.7021.0 BetaJune 2, 2021
- Thumbnails implementation is provided in the Virtual Drive sample. The Virtual Drive can now read thumbnails from the remote storage and display them in Windows Explorer in thumbnail mode.
- FileSystemItemMetadata.CustomData property getter returned incorrect data. Now, this bug is fixed.
v3.0.6973.0 BetaMay 26, 2021
- Virtual File System sample for macOS now supports all file management functionality: remote storage to user file system sync, user file system to remote storage sync, files creation, hydration/dehydration, deletion, copy, move, etc.
- Virtual File System sample for Windows refactored and simplified to provide only minimum code required to create a file system with synchronization, on-demand loading, hydration/dehydration.
- Virtual Drive sample is provided with advanced functionality: Microsoft Office files editing, automatic Microsoft Office documents locking, custom columns/states in Windows File Manger.
- Virtual File System sample performance improved. The sample folder listing is tested with up to 35K files in a single folder. File hydration is tested up to 30GB per file.
- New locking interfaces are provided. ILock interface is provided in ITHit.FileSystem.Windows module. EngineWindows.AutoLock property is provided to enable automatic Microsoft Office documents locking.
- IEngine.FilterAsync() method is provided to avoid synchronization of specified files (typically Microsoft Office temp files) to the remote storage and back.
- Rename and delete operations can now automatically confirm the operation if no exception is thrown inside the method implementation or reject operation in case of exception.
- The IEngine.GetFileSystemItemAsync() method now provides FileSystemItemType parameter, indicating if a file or a folder is requested.
- EngineWindows class now processes hydration/dehydration as well as files and folder creation. No need to create a separate file system monitoring thread.
- PlaceholderItem class now provides HydrationRequired() and DehydrationRequired() methods.
- EngineWindows now provides the public StopAsync() method.
- IFile & IFolder now provides WriteAsync() method.
- IFolder now provides CreateFileAsync() and CreateFolderAsync() methods.
- IFile.TransferDataAsync() method is replaced by IFile.ReadAsync() with a stream parameter.
- IClientNotifications and IClientNotificationsWindows interfaces as well as EngineWindows.ClientNotifications() method is provided. To be called if the file system was not running to process operations and sent to remote storage.
- IServerNotifications interface and IEngine.ServerNotifications() method is provided for notifying the user file system about changes in the remote storage.
- If custom data is not specified in FileSystemItemMetadata.CustomData when creating a placeholder, the Win32Exception is thrown "Cloud Operation is invalid". Now, this bug is fixed.
- Custom columns data was erased when setting the file icon. Now custom data is stored in the external file in the data folder, separately for each file. Custom columns implementation is moved to a new Virtual Drive sample.
- Files and folders are now only marked as modified when file content is modified or the folder is moved. The StorageProviderSyncRootInfo.InSyncPolicy is now set to StorageProviderInSyncPolicy.Default in Registrar class in samples.
- New files are now converted to a placeholder only after successful file upload in the sample code.
- File comparison changed in Virtual Drive and User File System samples. Instead of ETag-LastModifiedDate now file hashes are computed.
v2.5.5091.0April 27, 2021
- Virtual File System Sample for Mac Alpha sample now supports download and upload the file content as well as move/rename and delete for files and folders.
- Incorrect references in sample projects for Windows to ITHit.FileSystem.dll and ITHit.FileSystem.Windows.dll. Now references are properly set to the NuGet repository.
- Samples solution for Windows does not include the ITHit.FileSystem.Samples.Common.Windows project. Now this project is included in samples solution.
- The Virtual File System sample for Windows included the unused source files in the "\Framework\" folder. Now, this folder is deleted.
- The Virtual File System sample for Windows contained the "License" configuration property in the appsettings.json file instead of the "UserFileSystemLicense". Now, this bug is fixed.
v2.5.5083.0April 22, 2021
- File hydration time significantly improved.
- Files of unlimited size are now supported.
- IVirtualLock interface is provided. Now this interface can be optionally implemented on files and folders that require locking support.
- IFileSystemItem.DeleteCompletionAsync() and IFileSystemItem.MoveToCompletionAsync() methods are provided, called when the delete or move operation is completed by the platform.
- Locking management code is refactored in samples.
- ETag management code is refactored in samples.
- ETag file did not delete after folder deletion, now this bug is fixed.
- Sample move code refactored in samples.
- "*User*" interfaces renamed to "*Virtual*" interfaces in sample code. "*BasicInfo" classes and interfaces renamed to "*Metadata".
- The installer project is provided for the WebDAVDrive sample.
- File content validation is disabled by default in samples.
- Folders with incorrect creation/modification/access date-time are created in remote storage. Now, this bug is fixed.
- MS Office documents did not unlock after editing. This bug is now fixed.
- Conflict error in Virtual File System sample. "ETags a not equal" after the file is saved a second time. This bug is now fixed.
v2.0.4465.0March 19, 2021
- ITHit.FileSystem.Mac module with User File System Engine for macOS implementation is provided.
- Virtual File System sample Alpha for macOS is provided in Xamarin. The sample implements on-demand folders listing as well as demonstrates virtual drive installation and uninstall. The sample also provides macOS status bar application (container app).
v1.4.4298.0February 24, 2021
- Challenge-response authentication (Basic, Digest, NTLM/Kerberos) is now supported in WebDAV Drive sample. The login form is provided. The credentials are securely stored in Windows Credential Manager.
- Web browser login form does not work in WebDAV Drive sample. If server replies with 302 redirect the request failed and the login form does not show. This bug is now fixed.
- WebDAV Drive sample is now using WPF for UI rendering.
v1.3.4108.0January 22, 2021
- Samples now use .NET 5.0 by default.
- The latest build of WebDAV Client Library for .NET with .NET Standard 2.0 Support is used in the WebDAV Drive sample.
v1.3.4102.0January 18, 2021
- Map Drive sample now supports Cookies authentication. The HTML log in window is rendered using Edge Chromium Canary.
- ITHit.FileSystem.Windows module now supports .NET 5.0.
v1.3.4067.0January 15, 2021
- WebDAV Drive sample added. The sample can synchronize documents from and to the WebDAV server, automatically locks/unlocks Microsoft Office documents when opened for editing, supports on-demand loading and selective offline availability. IT Hit WebDAV Client library for .NET is used to access the WebDAV server. The sample currently supports anonymous WebDAV servers only.
v1.2.3984.0December 14, 2020
- ITHit.FileSystem and ITHit.FileSystem.Windows now support .NET Standard 2.0.
- Delete and move operations triggered hydration in the Virtual File System Sample. Now, this bug is fixed.
- Memory violation excess exception was thrown in by IsPlaceholder() method in some environments. This bug is now fixed.
- Files locking on the server in the Virtual File System Sample can now be simulated with a read-only attribute set on the files in remote storage. Read-only attribute is no more used for in-sync detection in Virtual File System Sample. the StorageProviderInSyncPolicy.FileReadOnlyAttribute and StorageProviderInSyncPolicy.DirectoryReadOnlyAttribute are removed from StorageProviderSyncRootInfo.InSyncPolicy.
- Files locked by other users now show a gray lock icon in the Virtual File System Sample.
- FileSystemBasicnfo.LockedByAnotherUser property is provided in the Virtual File System Sample.
- Temporary excel files detection fixed in the Virtual File System Sample.
- Folder with ETags and locks moved from the current user temp folder to LocalApplicationData in the Virtual File System Sample.
- ETags comparison in the Virtual File System sample fixed. If both client and server ETags are null or empty they are now considered equal.
- URIs comparison in PlaceholderItem.IsMoved() extension method in the Virtual File System sample fixed is fixed. URIs with/without trailing slash are now considered equal.
v1.2.3941.0November 19, 2020
- When a new file is created in the user file system sent an update request to the remote storage calling UserFile.UpdateAsync() method instead of the new file creation. An exception is thrown when a new file is being created. Now new file detection implemented in VfsFile.CloseAsync() method, the UserFolder.CreateFileAsync() is now properly called.
v1.2.3810.0November 10, 2020
- Automatic locking is implemented in the Virtual File System sample. Microsoft Office documents are now automatically locked when opened for ending and automatically unlocked when closed. The file is also automatically locked before being sent to the remote storage and unlocked when saving is completed. The lock icon is displayed in the Windows File Manager in the Status column. The UserFileSystemItem.LockAsync(), UserFileSystemItem.UnlockAsync() methods and UserFileSystemPath.Lock property is provided.
- Excel temp files (A6TG7GPI.tmp) are now detected in the Virtual File System sample and are filtered from files being sent to remote storage.
v1.1.3573.0 BetaOctober 22, 2020
- All storage-specific operations in Virtual File System Sample are now performed in UserFileSystemItem.cs, UserFile.cs and UserFolder.cs files in sample code.
- ETag is deleted together with a file in the user file system. Now ETags are stored in external files. ETags moved/renamed or deleted when a file or folder in remote storage is moved/renamed or deleted.
- Save As in MS Office did not work. Save As in MS Office throw "ETags not equal" exception, because ETag is deleted during MS Office transactional save. Now Save As is supported in MS Office applications.
- Excel temp files synchronized to remote storage. Now excel temp files are not synchronized.
v220.127.116.1119 AlphaOctober 1, 2020
- Synchronization service from the user file system to remote storage is implemented in the Virtual File System sample.
- ETags comparison is refactored and fixed in the Virtual File System Sample. Remote storage ETag and user file system ETag are now compared during the user file system to remote storage upload operation.
- Conflicts between the user file system and the remote storage are now properly processed in the Virtual File System Sample. The conflict icon is displayed in the Windows File Manager. A ConflictException is provided by the Engine.
- If the move or rename operation was performed when the Virtual File System sample was not running, the delete-create sequence occurred in the remote storage (potentially deleting file history and attached data). Now move/rename in remote storage is performed when the app starts, during the synchronization process.
- MS Office documents saving refactored in the Virtual File System sample. ETags and all custom data on MS Office documents during MS Office transactional save are preserved now.
- MS Office lock file (~$file.docx) detection is fixed and refactored in the Virtual File System Sample.
- When a non-empty folder is deleted in the user file system in the Virtual File System sample, the respective folder deletion failed in remote storage. Now, this bug is fixed.
v18.104.22.16862 AlphaSeptember 14, 2020
- File System Engine for Windows with on-demand loading, offline files support, download, and upload progress reporting provided.
- Virtual File System Sample in C# provided. The sample simulates remote storage using a folder in the file system and synchronizes files both from the user file system to remote storage and from remote storage to the user file system.